Preventing fires is as important as knowing erase them or even know how to properly act at the time they occur. Outbreak of fire and other smaller major claims may fail to turn into tragedy if they are prevented and controlled with security and peace of mind for trained people. Most of the time, the panic of those who try to save more victims than the accident itself. One of the main measures that the Internal Biosafety Commission can take so that any accident is controlled, is to alert all workers about precautions when there is a disturbance or riot, caused by incidents such as gas leaks, smoke, fire and water leakage. The first step is to detail in standard operating procedures that should be distributed to all employees, containing information on all the necessary precautions, such as preventive care; awareness about planning how to act at the time of abandonment of the workplace; the indication of practical measures on fighting and withdrawal. According to the Fire Department, including the most correct is that all employees or users of the building put into practice the standards set on preventive care and behavior before the incident, promoting exercises by fire simulation. This type of practice contributes enough to the prevention and the safety of all. But to make this operation an essential factor is necessary, the existence - in perfect state of use and maintenance - equipment to combat fires. Prudence is also another major factor in fighting fires. Everyone knows that any building installation should work as security conditions established by law, ranging from the mandatory fire extinguishers, hydrants, hoses, records, automatic sprinklers (sprinklers) and stairs with handrails. Among these devices, the most widely used in fire fighting is the fire extinguisher, which must be subjected to maintenance at least once a year, by accredited and specialized people in the subject. It is also important, as well as acquire and retain the safety equipment, knowing handle them and teach all employees how to trigger the alarm, run extinguisher or leave the building when necessary, without causing riots.
Among the safety standards set by law for building facilities, are the conservation and maintenance of electrical installations. There are several types of protection of electrical installations systems such as fusible plug, breaker, among others. Everyone should be working perfectly, for any principle of fire can be caused by short-circuit discharge. Any building has an electrical circuit design, which scales types and numbers of power points (sockets) or light according to their consumption characteristics. When the presence of an overload does not scaled circuit for a short-circuit current rises much temperature, starting the wire melting process, or worse, the initiation of a fire. Therefore careful with the use of benjamins. All workers should be alert to the basic rules of fire safety to avoid accidents. Prevention is the watchword and all should work as it is more important to prevent fires than delete them.
- Stop the equipment that you are handling and close the gas outlets.
- Always try to stay calm and do not smoke. Do not take the clothes. Raise the alarm.
- Keep, if possible, wet clothes.
- Throw away any and all flammable material that carries you.
- In critical situations close in the bathroom, keeping the door moistened the inside and sealed with wet towel or paper.
- In heavy smoke conditions cover the face with a wet handkerchief.
- Do not stand on the sill before there rescue conditions, provided by the fire department. State your position in the building waving to the Fire Department with a handkerchief.
- Wait for further instructions from the Fire Department.
- In case of fire, if you find yourself rather smoky look out, walking as close as possible to the floor, to avoid being asphyxiated.
- As a general rule, a person whose clothes caught fire seeks run. Do not do it: the victim must try not to breathe in the heat of the flames. To avoid this, bend his arms over his face, squeezing them: throw yourself to the ground and roll or wrap yourself in a blanket or in any tissue.
- Seeing take a person with clothes on fire, do not let her do it. Force yourself to playing to the ground and roll slowly.
- Use force if necessary for this.
- If possible, use fire extinguisher or hose on the injured.
- If there's nothing around, throw sand or dirt on the victim while she is rolling. If you can, wrap the victim with a blanket or canvas with thick cloths.
- Wrap the chest first, to protect the face and head. Never wrap the victim's head, so that you obliges breathing gases.
- Realizing a fire does not change; being in a place with many people around, do not yell or run. Abide by the rules to prevent and avoid accidents.
- Try to leave by the main or emergency doors, quickly, without shouting, in order, without forays. Never close with key the main doors and emergency.
- Do not store impregnated cloths gasoline, oil, wax or other flammable.
- After using the fire extinguisher, notify the security service for recharging.
“If I made valuable discoveries, but was to have patience than any other talent.” - Isaac Newton